2009 MTV VMAs

Ok. I really hate to go into this, and I in fact sat on it for most of the night debating if I wanted to post anything about it. I hate mindlessly reporting on crap that is mostly irrelevant, and let's be realistic here people, the 2009 MTV VMA's are just about as irrelevant to my day-to-day existence as can be. That being said however, who the fuck do you think you are Kanye?

Oh wait, I know exactly who you are. It's all in the name of his website: Kanye Universcity. From last night we can tell this: Kanye lives in his own little world. A world where he is king of the castle and we are all his subjects. And let's be honest now folks. I enjoyed some of his music (specifically Stronger, which made me smile a geek smile). However, most, if not all of it, is auto-tunned crap. Utter, complete, total, crap. But he's got money. And he's a dick. So MTV loves him. Kanye is the poster child for what is wrong with the music industry. No interest in creating any GOOD, NEW material. Instead focused on the cheapest, fastest, easiest way to make money: remixing and dubbing over famous previous tasks. These are new tracks of his own design of course. But he is not doing anything ground breaking here. He is selfish, full of himself, and out for nothing but money. That is in fact what is wrong with Kanye and most of the music industry as it stands.

Last night was a pure example of it. Walking up on stage, and proclaiming that Beyonce's video was the best video of all time may not have been the worst thing to do in another situation. But Taylor Swift is 19 years old. Nineteen. This is her first award ever. She is sitting there, all excited to be around all these people applauding her (even the people she won against) and Kanye comes up and steals the light. To quote Taylor Swift, "I was standing onstage and I was really excited because I had just won an award and then I was really excited because Kanye West was on the stage. And then, um, I wasn't so excited anymore after that." ... Of course not. It was blatant disrespect. But, in a dignified fashion, Taylor Swift held on through the night, and even played a song soon after. Class act.

Speaking of class acts, let's talk about 3 other people. First, I mention of course, Beyonce. Beyonce is a class act to start with. I love her music. She is a truly an amazing artist. But then to offer Taylor Swift a chance to complete her original acceptance speech? It makes me smile. Beyonce is an example of what is good from the music industry. She gets nothing but the best regards.

Next I speak of Pink, whom, sorry folks, I won't be calling classy any time soon. However, Pink was noted as saying "Kanye West is the biggest piece of sh-- on earth. Quote me." on Twitter. Truth. I also hear rumors that she was seen needing to be held away from Kanye later that night. I cannot vouch for the truth of this, as it is just a rumor as far as I know. But even still, power to Pink. Bad ass and awesome at the same time.

Next of course, was Katy Perry. I think she summed it up the best: "F--- u Kanye. It's like you stepped on a kitten." Yeah. I think that about sums it up.

And the response to this, as to why Kanye did it? Apparently he was drinking. Like that makes it all better. Seriously folks. He does this ALL the time. His first year at the VMA's he flipped out, screaming that he was the best new artist of the year and should have won, and this and that. Furthermore, 2 years later he screamed about losing because his video cost a million and had Pamela Anderson in it. Seriously. Get over yourself.

Congratulations to Taylor Swift and everyone else who won a VMA. Kanye, please go disappear and never come back. If I hear your songs on the radio, I will change the station. I deleted your music from my PC. You are a miserable, sad, strange little man.

You have my pity.

 

3 Responses to 2009 MTV VMAs

  1. Mars Says:
    I think I find more amusement than horror in the morning talk shows who are harpooning him. Seriously, race or no race card, no one ever has the right to pull that crap.

    btw, I deleted all his music too.
  2. ventepaschere Says:
    vente chaussures homme pas cher chaussures femme a bas prix ! Decouvrez notre gamme de chaussures a la mode : bottes, ballerines, sport, ville, sandales, escarpins.
  3. www.raybanwayfareroutlet.com Says:
    I like wholesale jerseys, I like wholesale nfl jerseys, I like 2012 NFL Jerseys, I like new nfl jerseys, I like lunettes de soleil, I like lunettes de soleil pas cher, I like Chaussures pas cher, I like Chaussures pas cher femmes, I like Sac A Main Pas Cher, I like sac pas cher, I like replica louis vuitton, I like replica louis vuitton handbags, I like cheap nfl jerseys, I like cheap jerseys wholesale, I like Nike NFL Jerseys, I like Nike NFL Elite Jerseys, I like lunettes de soleil Carrera, I like lunettes de soleil Carrera homme, I like baskets basses pas cher, I like chaussures basket pas cher.