Christmas Shopping

It is December 12th.

I think I have 1 (maybe 2) more Christmas presents to buy and then I have done all my Christmas shopping.

I love Christmas. I really do. Especially if it's snowing. It should be a law, or something, that it always snows on Christmas. I would climb the hill in the back of my parents house, sit at the top, and just watch. I love watching snow. I love the coordinated randomness of it. Does that make any sense? haha. More importantly, I love the things that snow brings. Homemade soup, fresh cookies, the fireplace. All sorts of corny stuff like that. Stupid ol' sentimental Mike, all I can think about when I think of fireplaces is the time my now-ex-girlfriend came to my parents house and we sat in front of the roaring fire. I miss those times, but at the same time, whatever happens, happens.

In other news, Dan got me a Dell GX280 because he's the fucking man. It's an amazing system - and I can't wait until I can afford the $25 PCI-Express Riser Card ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&sku=310-6623&~tab=SpecsTab ) and corresponding PCI-Express x16 video card to make the system complete. It has an Intel GMA900 on-board video which is proving surprisingly sufficient and may even handle most tasks I throw at it. It's currently setup in a tri-boot configuration: XP, Vista, and Ubuntu 8.10 (full Compiz effects are amazing).

Also, I finally got around to trying Mana Potion ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/a273/ ) and let me say that it knocks my socks off. Each drink is a mere 1.7 ounces but yet provides FOUR cups of coffee worth of energy. I have replaced my daily coffee with it. If they weren't $20.00 / 6 units I would SO buy more of them. It provides an AWESOME wakeup jolt. It is NOT a jittery kind of awake that I usually get from energy drinks, but instead I am provided with a sudden, intense burst of focus. It's really quite astounding and I really recommend you try them.

I'm getting ready to go back to college. I'm pursuing a second under-graduate degree, in Information Technology and Informatics. It's kind of annoying because I thought I was done with college. I guess not. The worst part is it kind of holds me back from what I wanted to do, but the job market is not pleasant right now so if I can defer my entrance to the real world scene for a year or two, so be it.

The last note for tonight before I run off to my work outing is actually about work.

Work is going fairly well, and I think I finally have an argument which will abolish End of Shift Reports from the face of the planet once and for all. If he discounts this entire argument then I know for sure there is no chance to change his mind and will subsequently give up. The labs are facing further budget cuts and it's not looking pretty. I honestly think we should just close a random week during the semester so people realize how important the labs are. That'd show 'em. On the same note, I am getting very annoyed with consultants. In case any of you read this, READ YOUR GODDAMN WORK EMAIL. We send all sorts of notices, and if you come to the Supervisor office and ask me a question that is directly answered in an email I sent 2 days ago you WILL get ripped to shreds by my furious rage.

I think that's about it for tonight.

Thanks for stopping by.

Quote of the day: "The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance." -Laurence Peter

 

0 Responses to Christmas Shopping