Banned From The Language?

Banned Words List

Lake Superior State University's annual List of Words to Be Banished from the Queen's English for Mis-use, Over-use and General Uselessness, Rev. 34.

They have banned words and phrases such as maverick, <3 (yes, I'm serious), carbon footprint, green corporation, and get a life.

So I guess my question is this... Why do I give a flying fuck what you say about my language? Also, last time I heard, we don't use the Queen's English here in the good ol' US of A.

Seriously, I don't understand the purpose, need, or acceptance of this. Trying to dictate how I speak? Good fucking grief.

I understand the need to make sure people have good vocabulary, spelling skills, and general grammar skills... But trying to decrease the number of words available? Did you know they declared 'monkey' as not usable because of the internet trend of appending the word 'monkey' to the end of a word to make it more funny?

Oh, now I see, it's a way for you to let off steam. Hmm. Okay.

Here it is for all eyes to see.

Mike's List of Schools to Avoid For Being Pretentious Dickwads:
- Lake Superior State University

-M, out

 

4 Responses to Banned From The Language?

  1. Noncomplacent Citizen Says:
    Is "dickwad" not banned? :-P
  2. Mike Santangelo Says:
    Oh I hope it is.
  3. Mike Santangelo Says:
    I think the thing that bothers me the most is that they didn't ban synergy.
  4. Noncomplacent Citizen Says:
    How about paradigm shift?