Late Night Confessions

I love chocolate chip cookies.

I hate when people drive at night with their high-beams on.

I'm infatuated with someone but don't know how to go about approaching them about it.

I'm terrified of the future.

I'm sick of the way the world operates.

I think I'm depressed.

I know I'm frustrated with job searching.

I'm worried that I'm not good enough.

I spend my nights wondering where some of my oldest friends are.

I cuss like a sailor because I like to.

I drink myself into a stupor each night because it makes it easier to look myself in the mirror at night.

I don't care what you think about me. I really don't. It's not because I don't value your opinion, it's just I live by my own values.

I'm not the life of the party.

I'm not the center of attention.

I can't sleep at night and I don't know why.

It feels like I'm not good enough.

Sometimes I think I'm an utter failure as a student, a person, and a tech.

I like video games.

I like football.

I love Mojitos.

I dream of a day when I can go to work not for money but for the joy of doing the job.

I love working with my hands.

I hate being shut in all day.

I am.

That's all.

 

9 Responses to Late Night Confessions

  1. Noncomplacent Citizen Says:
    I'm infatuated with someone but don't know how to go about approaching them about it.
    If they're spoken for, that's awkward. If not, tell them.

    I'm terrified of the future.
    I'm sick of the way the world operates.

    Me too.

    I know I'm frustrated with job searching.
    Job hunting is a pain in the ass. It took me a month of sitting in front of the computer like a zombie (after graduation - and I had started looking a little bit before too) before I'd heard from anyone who actually was interested. Technically, I started looking in November of last year, but took a break because I was frustrated - and contemplating going back to school for a second bachelor's. Anyhow, the most important advice I can give you is (a) find someone who works in an HR department somewhere or in communications and have them critique your resume and (b) don't give up.

    I can't sleep at night and I don't know why.
    Stress. This post is riddled with it.

    Sometimes I think I'm an utter failure as a student, a person, and a tech.
    But if that were the case, you'd never have made it to supervisor.

    I love Mojitos.
    Me too! Cheesecake Factory has a pomegranate one that tastes like candy. :D

    Take care of yourself. Also, when are we barbecuing, lol?
  2. Mike Santangelo Says:
    If they're spoken for, that's awkward. If not, tell them
    They are spoken for, or else I'd have talked to 'em about it already. I'm very open about these things.

    At least. I think she's spoken for? haha

    Stress. This post is riddled with it.
    Yeah. I felt better after writing it though. :)

    Take care of yourself. Also, when are we barbecuing, lol?
    BBQ's generally happen in the time of the exam period. I'll be sure we letcha know. :D Take it easy and thanks for stoppin' by!
  3. Noncomplacent Citizen Says:
    At least. I think she's spoken for?
    Plan a group outing. Invite her somewhere and tell her that her significant other can come too. See how she reacts to that - just to make sure.

    I felt better after writing it though.
    Yay!

    BBQ's generally happen in the time of the exam period. I'll be sure we letcha know.
    Sweet! Fall or spring? Cause I know it'll be cold and all, but a winter barbecue might be fun... :)
  4. Mike Santangelo Says:
    Sweet! Fall or spring? Cause I know it'll be cold and all, but a winter barbecue might be fun... :)
    Both! :D
  5. Noncomplacent Citizen Says:
    Fantastic!!! :D
  6. Justine Bienkowski Says:
    I'm terrified of the future.

    I'm sick of the way the world operates.

    I'm worried that I'm not good enough.

    I drink myself into a stupor each night because it makes it easier to look myself in the mirror at night.

    I hate being shut in all day.


    I feel the same way about these things!

    It's okay. Life sucks and it's hard, but ultimately it's way worth it for all the small joys. Like chocolate chip cookies and mojitos.
  7. Mike Santangelo Says:
    Both of which are very tasty.
  8. Justine Bienkowski Says:
    Om nom nom nom :)
  9. Mike Santangelo Says:
    Without a doubt. Though I still want a piece of cheesecake.