I Almost Killed Someone Today...

Well. Possibly. I mean... Ok it's better if I just explain it.

I was driving to the ballgame after work today, and I'm on Richardson I think, or whatever the road is. I'm about to cross College Avenue and then BAM... This bicyclist comes out of NOWHERE (in reality, from behind a van that was parked illegally on College ave - it was half sticking into the street).

This kid didn't even bother to look before bolting in the street. It's kind of hard to miss my Escape. It's not tiny, and is blazing white. So... I slam on the breaks, harder than I've ever slammed my brakes before - and the kid keeps pedaling until I'm about 3 inches away from hitting him. Luckily my car stopped as quickly as it did. My brakes are excellent. I didn't hit him, but he had the nerve to curse at me... He couldn't have been in the road before I was half through the intersection... I have right of way.

But all that matters is that I didn't hit him.

But I'm still fucking shook up. Even now, almost 3 hours later, my hands are still shaking, and I can't help but think ... what if I hadn't been paying attention?

What if I was a half second late with the brakes?

What if, any number of things.

I could have killed this kid (a college student). I could have permanently injured him.

I'm not going to get any sleep tonight...

Song of the Moment [ Alice in Chains - Them Bones ]

Lyrics:
I
I
I
I
I.... Believe.... Them bones... Are me...
Some... Say... We're born... Into the grave...
I feel so alone...
Gunna end up a big ol' pile a them bones
I
I
I......
Dust... Rises... Right on... Over my time...
Empty... Fossil of the new scene...
I feel so alone...
Gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones
Yeah...
Toll... Due... Bad dream... Come true...
I... Lie... Dead gone... Under red sky...
I feel so alone... gonna end up a big ol pile a them...
I feel so alone... gonna end up a big ol pile a them...
I feel so alone... gonna end up a big ol pile a them bones...

 

1 Response to I Almost Killed Someone Today...

  1. era-strife Says:
    it sounds like he deserved it. he is douchebaaaaaaaag.