United States to Employ Overhead Spying System Domestically

I'll start off with a off-color comment: "Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told lawmakers that a new spying office won't violate rights." Have you SEEN Michael Chertoff? I'm sorry, but I don't trust someone who looks like that to be in the best interests of my rights. (end rant)

Let's start off with obvious issues with constant surveillance:

1) Such evidence would be inadmissible in any just court if a warrant was not obtained PRIOR to the imagery catching someone doing something. And in that case you would be able to track the person anyways, so why bother? There's a reason why illegal wiretaps are well.. illegal. This is the 4th amendment people. Gods damn. QUOTED DIRECTLY FOR THE LAZY: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." ...Unless you're DHS... Oh... ... -_-

2) On a technical aspect, how are they going to maintain and analyze all this data? Constant coverage of this nation is a massive undertaking. ... More budget for DHS and NAO (the newly formed National Applications Office) I guess. Yet schools around the country are having their budgets cut by as high as $275,000 a year. I just... There is so much wrong with this that I do not even know where to begin.

3) She (Lauren Keehner, spokeswoman for DHS) said its operations will be subject to "robust," structured legal scrutiny by multiple agencies. ... Which agencies? Will such scrutiny be public? Will the public get input? What the hell people? Of course we won't get input. We're far beyond the ability to fight back against the stripping of our rights. Fight back and you're a terrorist, pedophile, and communist, of course.

4) The Fourteenth Amendment. Quoted For Truth! "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. " Isn't that self explanatory...?

Let's move onto the heart of the matter here... "DOMESTIC MILITARY OPERATIONS". Does that scare you as much as it scares me? Heaven forbid I quote a war movie, but I think Bruce Willis, playing Major General William Deveraux (The Siege) said it best. "The Army is a broad sword, not a scalpel. Trust me, senator - you do not want the Army in an American city. "

The final issue returns me to a quote from The Siege, again from Major General Deveraux. "I am here serving my president, and quite possibly not in the best interests of our nation. My profession does not allow me to make that kind of distinction.".

This is what's wrong with the world.

Don't you understand people?

They invade our personal space, and we accept it. They ignore entire amendments, and we accept it. They arrest and detain our fellow citizens for exercising their rights, and we accept it. They wage wars, murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals, and again WE ACCEPT IT. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And we must MAKE THEM PAY for what they've done.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of thinking for myself, something that you will never forgive me for.

{Thanks to: The Siege, First Contact, and the Manifesto for use of quotes or modified quotes)

 

0 Responses to United States to Employ Overhead Spying System Domestically