In The News Today

In the news today...
Telecommunications Companies Granted Immunity For Illegal Wiretapping ... In what can only be called a non-stunning turn of events, the Senate has agreed to give Telecommunications Companies immunity from constitutional clauses that prevent you from being spied on without cause. I am not talking about wire taps with Warrants (I am all for those). I instead speak of the following: FBI comes to phone company, says we want to hear what you're saying, phone company gives them access (for no reason, other than they wanted it). I do not understand how this is not a clear violation of our constitutional rights. Oh wait, I get it now. The Bill of Rights is no longer law. It is a "guideline" to be "interpreted" just like the Constitution. *rubs his temples* And don't give me this "If you have nothing to hide" bullshit. I am a legal citizen of the United States of America, the Constitution and Bill of Rights is there to defend my rights to freedom and privacy. Period. This is clearly a case of corruption and it angers me to no end.

The Daily Targum printed an article today surrounding the NJ Treasury Department scandal - 6 treasury members were caught taking gifts and kickbacks from un-named individuals, totaling over 65,000$. I will post a link as soon as I get it. The one quote that really struck me was this: "That's because the judge found that while there was evidence that the Treasury officials violated the department's code of ethics, such a violation alone is not a basis for a charge of official misconduct." So in short, they violated the code of ethics (read: they violated the law) but not enough to warrant any action from being taken. So in short, breaking the law is not breaking the law in the eyes of this judge. I wonder how much of that 65,000$ they had to give him to get him to back off.

Sigh.

I leave you, my dear readers, with this one thought.

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty. Soap, Ballot, Jury, Ammo. Use them in that order.

-M, out.

 

0 Responses to In The News Today