Mornings In New Brunswick, NJ

It's 6:15am. The sun is up. It started to go up around 5:30.

It's kind of funny. I've lived in this apartment for a year, but I've never stayed up this late of my own free will... I sat out on the steps and watched the sun rise. It was relaxing.

It's strange. New Brunswick is completely different at this hour of the morning.

No hustle, no bustle. Just.. serenity.

The air smells clean and crisp... The birds are chirping. For the first time in a very long time, I feel... at peace. I sat out front for a good hour. Just drawing. Doodling. Can you even imagine? Sitting out front with a pad and pen in a sleeveless t-shirt and shorts? What a morning.

I don't know why I'm still awake. I guess I'm just restless. I cleaned the entire kitchen out of sheer boredom. I guess I could start tidying up now? I think I'm gonna wait, just because my back hurts.

Sleep hasn't been coming easy at all as of late. My mind is restless. Something is missing but I haven't figured out what it is.

Ahh well. Such is the bread of an everyday life. From mornin' til' noon, to the shadowless night.

New Brunswick, shine your sun on me, and make it all ok.

-M

 

0 Responses to Mornings In New Brunswick, NJ