Laptops

Specifically speaking from a gamer p.o.v., laptops are a godsend.

When they work, that is.

Lately, my awesome Acer Aspire 3000 laptop has begun to show signs of.... Rebellion.

It restarts in the middle of the night, and as of today was turning itself off as I worked on it... It was beginning to get very frustrating.

I think I may have found the culprit!

Thinking back to changes I have made recently, I knew that installed a Folding client on my laptop, something I do with most of my machines as to prevent the feeling of wasted CPU cycles... But it's the only thing I've installed since these problems started cropping up.

So I disabled it. Lo and behold, things are returning to normal.

I'm not about to let this system idle though, so I guess I'll have to tweak it some in order to prevent crashes like it has been doing.

Cheers,
-M

 

1 Response to Laptops

  1. Mike S. Says:
    Update: Definetly caused by Folding At Home, I uninstalled the client and it ran perfect overnight.